Home » Expungement Attorney



An Expungement Attorney helps you get back rights and opportunities after your arrest or conviction.

If you are done with your case you could file for a dismissal which is commonly referred to as an expungement.

If you have completed informal or summary probation you can ask the court to:

  1. to set aside a guilty verdict, or
  2. to take back your guilty or no-contest plea, and
  3. dismiss the complaint.

There are some tricky rules that go along with the process. The Law Office of Richard Wagner will help you.

For example, if you:

  1. Completed probation or probation was terminated early with court approval, and
  2. You are not currently serving a sentence, or on probation, or charged with any offense,
  3. Your petition for dismissal should be granted by the court.

On the other hand, you can’t get your case dismissed under Penal Code Section 1203.4 if your probation was terminated early because you were sent to prison for a probation violation.

Also, you cannot get a dismissal under California Penal Code Section 1203.4 if you were convicted for anything in California Penal Code §1203.4(b).


Your court record is not “expunged” or “sealed” when your case gets dismissed under California Penal Code Section 1203.4. Your record is not “erased”, “destroyed” or “removed.” However, an extra entry, “dismissed,” is made on your record. Your record remains fully public.

Expungement and sealing laws restrict access to criminal records.


A private employer may not ask you about any misdemeanor conviction dismissed under California Penal Code Section 1203.4.

Get rid of the stigma and discrimination of a criminal record.

Even though the law says you must be released from all “penalties and disabilities” resulting from the conviction,  there are numerous and substantial limitations, and procedures are burdensome.  You should consult expungement attorney Richard Wagner to get a clear idea.

Only a small percentage of those who are eligible for relief actually get it. These petitions are difficult, time-consuming, and expensive to prepare, especially without a lawyer.

Call 714-721-4423 or contact the Law Office of Richard Wagner, A Professional Corporation, for a FREE CONSULTATION.